Choosing a wedding photographer can be a stressful endeavor…especially if you know nothing about photography. Speaking from personal experience, I know all the choices which need to be made for a wedding can be overwhelming and you can have a tendency to doubt yourself on every turn. So in regards to wedding photography, where do you start? My #1 suggestion is to choose a professional photographer. One who has photographed a number of weddings and is familiar with the ins and outs of a wedding day. You will definitely want to review portfolios from at least 2 or 3 photographers before coming to a final decision on who you trust to document your special day. A seasoned professional will be able to show you at least one, if not more wedding albums from one entire wedding day. If the photographer can only show you one or two images from a wedding… this is usually a sign the photographer has little, to no experience photographing weddings.
This is your big day and you want to remember it forever. You don’t want to cringe every time you look at your photos. You will pull out your wedding photos in the future to reminisce about your big day. These wedding photos will also be passed down to future generations and one day become family heirlooms. Don’t leave this important day to a friend or an amateur. Make the investment, hire a professional wedding photographer.
5 Reasons to choose a
(even if it isn’t Leap Photography)
1) Qualifications: A professional photographer has an artistic and technical knowledge of photography. A friend or family member may be able to photograph a pretty landscape, but can they handle the technical lighting difficulties which arise during the course of a wedding? Professionals not only have an understanding of light, but the ability to create unique lighting to enhance the bride and groom.
2) Experience: Professionals are experienced in all the events of a wedding, including problems that can and do arise during the course of the day. They know how to guide and direct large group formals with tact and professionalism while dealing with the general chaos of a wedding day. All the while, still capturing your future family heirlooms.
3) Equipment: A working professional brings an arsenal of equipment with them to capture every aspect of the wedding day. A seasoned pro won’t leave home without a full set of back up cameras and supplemental lighting choices.
4) Creativity: Because pros come with years of experience and hundreds of weddings under their belt, you can rest assured to receive a variety of great shots to choose from. You will receive more than just one or two nice shots from the entire day. Professionals are visual story tellers. All events and details of the day will be captured for you to relive for years to come.
5) Photo Editing: Great photo editing is essential. Pros go beyond just taking the pictures and handing you a disc. The computer is the new darkroom for photographers and all working pros have top of the line software to edit and manipulate your images. Pros edit out blinks or poor expressions as well as complete enhancements on photos. This is all done before you ever see and fall in love with your images.
To view more Leap Photography images you can go to our website: http://www.leapphotography.com