This sweet family had their little one baptized at St. Johns Catholic Church on December 29th, 2012. Many friends gathered to witness the event plus baby Matilda had the honor of a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Russo who flew into Boise from Italy to witness the event.
Wedding season is just around the corner and many of Boise’s newly engaged couples are on the search for venues, caterers, DJ’s and photographers to help make their special day one to remember for years to come.
Speaking from personal experience, I know the choices can be overwhelming and you can have a tendency to doubt yourself on every turn. So in regards to wedding photography, where do you start? My #1 suggestion is to choose a professional photographer. This is your big day and you want to remember it forever and have photos that you are proud to share with family and friends. Here are my top 5 reasons to go with a pro.
5 Reasons to choose a
(even if it isn’t Leap Photography)
1) Qualifications: A professional photographer has an artistic and technical knowledge of photography. A friend or family member may be able to photograph a pretty landscape, but can they handle the technical lighting difficulties that may arise during the course of a wedding? Professionals not only have an understanding of light but the ability to create unique lighting to enhance you, the bride and groom.
2) Experience: Professionals are experienced in all the events of a wedding, including problems that can and do arise during the course of the day. They know how to guide and direct large group formals with tact and professionalism while dealing with the general chaos of a wedding day. All the while, still capturing your future family heirlooms.
3) Equipment: A working professional brings an arsenal of equipment with them to capture every aspect of the ceremony and reception. A seasoned pro won’t leave home without a full set of back up cameras and supplemental lighting choices.
4) Creativity: Because pros come with years of experience and hundreds of weddings under their belt, you can be assured to receive a variety of great shots to choose from, not just one or two nice shots from the entire day. Professionals are visual story tellers. All events and details of the day will be captured for you to relive for years to come.
5) Photo Editing: Great photo editing is essential. Pros go beyond just taking the pictures and handing you a disc. The computer is the new darkroom for photographers and all working pros have top of the line software to edit and manipulate your images. Pros edit out blinks or poor expressions as well as complete enhancements on photos. This is all done before you ever see and fall in love with your images.
Yes, a professional may be more expensive; but is your once in a lifetime moment worth the risk of poor quality images?
It’s that time of year again. It’s what we in the wedding industry commonly refer to as the start of wedding season. Newly engaged couples are starting to make decisions and hire vendors for their big day. Venues, florists, caterers, and photographers such as myself are all on the list of vendor’s couples are meeting with. One of the first questions all couples ask is what kind of wedding products or services each vendor provides.
With this in mind, I thought it might be helpful if I have posted examples of a few of the items available in the Leap Photography wedding packages. Here at Leap Photography, I do more than just take beautiful photos. I offer a variety of photo products too! Wedding albums are just the tip of the iceberg.
The product selection is always changing, so give me a call to set up a meeting and find out what the newest products are.
5“x5” Leather Bound Album
8” x 8″ and 10″ x 10″
Custom Wedding Album’s
Some days you have to love technology and on others you really have to hate it. Today is a “hate it” kind of day.
It was just brought to my attention that the new website is not forwarding emails. I’m working to resolve this situation but in the meantime let me extend my sincere apologies to anyone who has sent an email through the website within the last week. I promise, I am not ignoring you.
If you are one of these unlucky people please contact me in one of the following ways.
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s a new year and we have an announcement.
We have a new website! Yep, it’s live and up for you to enjoy, just in time for the new year.
I want to take a moment to let all my clients of 2012 know how much I appreciate your business. I’ve had a great time getting to know all of you who came to me for the first time. I hope to see you in the coming years for any additional portrait needs. For all my long time clients; thank you, for once again entrusting me to photograph your family milestones.
I’m wishing all of you a happy 2013!
2012 Heart Ball -American Heart Association
Quinceanera shoot for Adelman Building
Idaho Supreme Court
Lacy & Brennan
Angela & Stephen
Liz & Nic
Lacy & Brennan
Richard & Tiffany
Ashley: Bridal style shoot–Spurwing Golf Course
Robbie & Gina
Brian & Kelsee
Alyssa & Zach
Jessica & Cole
Kari & Jeremy
Brian, Mandi, Dakota & Skyler
American Heart Association-Go Red For Women